First place wins $100 cash!!
As usual, prizes will also be awarded for second and third place, and gift cards will be awarded to the winners in the children’s division.
Entry fee is $5.
The children 12 and under category has no special requirements, but in the spirit of creativity and competition, we ask that the costumes for participants in the 13 and up category be AT LEAST 25 PERCENT homemade. Participants not meeting this requirement will not be eligible for prizes! Also, please keep in mind that Cape Comic Con is a family-friendly event.
We can’t wait to see what everyone will wear this year!
Seating will be very limited this year in order to maintain safe spacing. We are working on a way to stream the contest so you can watch it even if you don’t get a seat.
Please keep in mind that Cape Comic Con is a family-friendly event.
- Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume. “Paint” and/or “pasties” are not a costume, either. No intentional or unintentional “wardrobe malfunctions” allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments. If your costume is deemed to be too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change.
- All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
- Roller blades, roller skates, and skateboards will not be allowed in the convention center.
- Please, no signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched. We want everyone to feel comfortable.
- Service Animals are allowed, assuming they are wearing the proper identification and you pick up after them.
No functional weapons are allowed
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by convention staff and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the ticket table in the lobby.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Triggers must be peace-tied with zipties or ribbons.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver.
- Metal blades must stay sheathed when walking; you may unsheathe them for pictures.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation to make Cape Con a safe and fun environment for everyone.